Strange days here at Casa de Mitchell. We have so many wonderful things coming up that we’re looking forward to, namely:
- Our 4th wedding anniversary is this Thursday! We’re celebrating by going to a Seahawks game on Sunday and then going to see Avatar later in the week.
- Christmas break! My job gives us two weeks off for Christmas! Do you have ANY idea how many naps I can take in a two week period? Glorious.
- Christmas! We LOVE Christmas. We love singing the songs, we love the decorations, we love hanging out with family, and for the first time in two years we can actually afford to give gifts to each other. Yay Christmas!
- Ultrasound! We have our final ultrasound the Monday after Christmas. The last time we saw Squishy, I was 20 weeks along and by the time we see him next I’ll be 32 weeks along. We’re SO excited to take a peek at our vibrant little boy.
- Baby shower! My very pretty and talented friend is throwing me a baby shower in early January. We’ve invited a whole bunch of really neat people and I can’t wait to see every single one of them.
- Baby! We’re getting close now. Very close.
As you can see, Wes and I extremely blessed. Our life is full, rich, and exciting. That’s not to say, however, that it’s without difficulty. We have some challenges coming up.
Wes will be starting his job search in January. He finished school and has been studying like a mad man to get his certifications so that he’ll be more hireable. He’s got a huge test coming up next week and it’s the biggest hurdle he’s had to jump over so far.
His friend from school has taken it twice already and still has yet to pass it. To say Wes is taking this test seriously is an understatement. When he passes it, we’ll be celebrating with dinner and a movie.
With this certification on his resume, he’ll be able to start searching for a job as a software developer. Not that there’s any pressure for him to find a job, what with our baby being due in ten weeks.
Can we all take a minute to cheer for Wes from the sidelines as he toils in studying, attempting the impossible by finding a good job in a recession?
We have also made the difficult decision to put down our beloved puppy extraordinaire, Doc Holliday. His appointment is this Saturday.
Fret not, Wes made this decision, not me. Doc is just ready. He’s given us the signs we need to feel comfortable that he’s ready to go and so we’ll shower him with love, attention, and treats this last week and then we’ll load him up in the car and take him to his last appointment.
It sucks. It’s something difficult that’s looming over our heads. We know he’s ready and that it’s time, but that knowledge doesn’t make it any easier.
That’s all for now from Casa de Mitchell. We have so much to look forward to, but to get to some of those things we just need to keep pushing forward even when it’s difficult. But that’s life, isn’t it? We’ll take the good things, do our best with the difficult, and in the end as long as we end up with our little baby and maybe some eggnog I reckon we’ll be just fine.