Wait, what? Today’s Thursday? And I haven’t written anything on my blog since Friday? Have I been on vacation? Certainly not. Did I fall down a well? Not that I know of. Was this week a giant black hole that I’m just now tumbling out of? Why yes, yes it was.
Where to even start? Here’s the quick and dirty breakdown of what the heck happened to me this week, broken into bullet points to encourage me to get to the point:
- Saturday: We have the minivan! Gandalf the White made the journey from Oregon to our garage and I’m in love. It’s the coolest car I’ve ever driven and I love it so much I want to buy it a Best Friends necklace and make it promise to never take it off.
- Monday: We met some good friends in Seattle and had an adventure. This adventure involved impromptu cupcakes, a dog spanking (seriously, this lady hauled off and spanked her tiny little dog for barking at another dog), Aidan’s pants falling off at a restaurant, and my first attempt to breastfeed him at a restaurant (success!).
- Tuesday: Driving around like a madwoman getting Gandalf’s exhaust emissions tested (pass!) and getting him registered with The Man. Gandalf now sports his very own Washington license plates.
- Wednesday: Sneak attack heat wave that threw our house into chaos. On Sunday, it was 60 degrees outside (worst 4th of July weather EVER). Yesterday? 90 degrees. We were not prepared, and every store in the whole state was sold out of the kind of portable air conditioner Wes researched and selected. Fussy, overheated, non-nap-taking baby in one hand, keyboard in the other, I prowled Craigslist until I found a comparable air conditioner and nearly blackmailed the owner into selling it to us.
- Thursday: Running around Home Depot with a baby strapped to my chest, trying to find various components to optimize our air conditioner. Learned all about different kinds of insulation and circuit breakers, including the grim knowledge that unless we get a dedicated circuit (read: expensive custom wiring) our air conditioner will continue to overload our circuit breakers unless we turn everything upstairs off while it’s running (read: showers in the dark will continue).
Yeah. That just about sums it up. There was working and cleaning and laundry in there too somewhere, and I also made homemade eggplant parmesan before the heat wave rendered my kitchen useless.
On a completely related note, does anyone have a spare Hawaii vacation lying around that they don’t want? I know someone who might be interested…
*Massive kudos to anyone who gets the reference in the title of this post!