Things I’ve learned from buying maternity pants:
- All pregnant women are rich, and therefore do not mind paying twice as much for their jeans.
- When you get pregnant, you magically shrink/grow and no longer require such frippery as sizes that come long/short.
- Pregnant women are not interested in looking attractive, and would, in fact, prefer their pants to gape as much as possible in unflattering places such as the hips and thighs.
- The only people who sell their maternity jeans to consignment stores are tiny. Tall and/or larger women like to hoard their clothes.
- Pregnant women will get desperate to buy your crap once they get large enough, so never offer to sell your stuff on sale. It shows weakness. They’ll come knocking once their pants are biting into their rapidly ballooning mid-sections.
As you can see, it was a very informative weekend wherein I may or may not have found myself frustrated to the point of tooth-gnashing by the expensive and limited nature of maternity jeans.
What, if anything, have you learned from going shopping?