Things that are rocking my world right now:
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Wes and I are halfway through The Two Towers and, even though I’m on the verge of tears almost the entire time, I can’t help but feel a deep and resounding love for these movies.
- Amy Lee (of Evanescence fame) singing “Sally’s Song” from The Nightmare Before Christmas on Jay Leno. I really dig a chick who can sing the heck out of one of my favorite songs, play the piano in accompaniment, and then turn right around and start plucking at a harp.
- The signature hazelnut hot chocolate at Starbucks. It changed my life. I may never be grumpy again. If you love yourself (or your tummy) at all, go investigate for yourself.
- Wes’ and my absentee ballots arrived in the mail today and we’re going to vote later this evening. It humbles me that I live in a time when my opinions are respected and I don’t have to justify my right to vote. Yay, women’s suffrage!
- Knowing that tomorrow is Friday, and the day after that is Saturday, which means that in no time at all I’ll be sleeping in, eating a late breakfast with my husband, and not looking at a computer monitor for two whole days!
How about you, what’s rocking your world lately?