If you’ve “Liked” me on Facebook, you probably already know all about this giveaway. Heck, you might have even egged me on and told me to do it. Yay for you!
If not, here’s the deal: I’m offering a pretty cool contest for a two-part prize. If you win, you get
- Your very own signed copy of Blood Money (maybe even the one I’m holding up in the picture above!) AND…
- A cameo in my next book. I’m almost done writing the book, which means I want to find this cameo winner pronto so I can add him or her in.
Now, you might be wondering what’s so cool about a cameo. Surely it’ll just be a tiny mention of your name somewhere, right?
Wrong. When I say cameo, what I mean is that you’ll actually be in the book. Characters will interact with you and you’ll have something to do with the plot. I’ll tailor the role you play in the story to your real world interests.
Pretty cool, right?!
So now you’re (hopefully) pretty excited and wondering how to enter. Marvelous! Here’s what I’m looking for:
I want to spread the word about my new book, and the best way to do that is through word of mouth. If you want to enter this contest, tell as many people as you can about the book.
For example, if you’re on Twitter, tweet about my book using the hashtag #bloodmoneycontest. Or you can mention me in the post (@parsingnonsense)
For another example, if you’re a blogger, you can write a post about how you’re blog friends with this crazy writer chick and you’re hoping she’ll put you in her next book. Then, link to my current book somewhere. Bam.
If you tell your friends, recommend it to your mailman, write a post on Facebook about how your childhood friend Erika used to run around the schoolyard pretending to be a horse (true story) and now she’s an author and hey, here’s her book, those all count too.
Now, obviously I can’t verify whether you actually told your mailman, but if you leave a comment here and tell me you did, I’ll believe you. I’ll tally up the entries and assign points and random numbers and then pick the winner using a random number generator.
I’ll give you a week to enter, which means I’ll be picking a winner next Monday, April 1.
In case you’re still curious about how to enter, here are some guidelines:
- Make a video of you being goofy in some way (pigtails, costumes, etc.) talking about how you want to read my new book. Post it online. That one’s gotta be worth at least two entries right there. Three if you make me laugh.
- Tweet (hashtag #bloodmoneycontest), blog, post something on my Facebook wall (worth one point or maybe two or three depending on how much effort you put into it).
- Add my book to your Goodreads or Shelfari list (worth one point).
- Recommend my book to your friends, family, and coworkers whenever they ask for book recommendations (worth one point for each recommendation).
- Ask you local library system to order copies of my book (surprisingly easy to do. Even still this one’s worth three points).
- Buy a copy of my book in either format and gift it to someone you think will enjoy it (three point entry).
- Upvote this on Reddit. It’s on the books sub-reddit (courtesy of Rockstar107!).
Phew! Every time you enter, no matter how you enter, leave a comment on this post telling me what you did. It’ll make my life easier.
I can assure you, the cameo I write for you will be cool, so get after it! Tell the world to buy my book and maybe, just maybe, you will find your way into fiction thriller immortality.