Things that have happened to me this week:
- My shoelace caught in the rolly wheels of my office chair at work, thus necessitating a ninja-like move from my chair to the floor, the up-ending of my chair in the middle of the office, and the extricating of said shoelace from the clutches of the wheel whilst my co-workers laughed uproariously and did nothing to help.
- I ordered a Hot Wheels birthday cake. For a co-worker. Who’s turning 20.
- I was hung up on by no less than two very evil women. Both of whom owe the company I work for vast sums of money. Cue much gnashing of teeth.
- I nearly rear-ended a van with a bumper sticker that read, “Don’t hydrogenate me. Ban transfats!” I may have then launched into a rant to Wes about how people should stop creating stupid bans and take their grubby paws off my french fries. If I want to stuff my face with french fries and then do 400 crunches every night to work it off, that’s my business. I’m forthwith creating a ban against stupid bans. I’m going to call it, “The coalition for people who would ask for your help if they wanted it.”
- I learned that tuna noddle casserole is gross. It’s the first time I haven’t finished my dinner since I was three.
- I told someone, “Have fun at chemo!” It may go down in the record books as one of the dumbest things I’ve ever said.
All I can say is that it’s a really good thing that Monday is Labor Day. I am officially fried. What’s happened with you this week?